Cormant DCIM Summary
Powerful, Easy to use, Web, Tablet, Phone, App Interface
- Web user interface, optimized versions for large and mobile screen access.
- Fast access from remote sites.
- Intuitive navigation for all users, no DCIM degree needed.
Full Equipment Life Cycle Management
- Life cycle support from dock to decommission, including ordered equipment.
- Spares are located in seconds when needed, and work order planning suggests equipment to use.
- Synchronization to CMDB and financial systems fully supported.
Mobility of data. Online and Offline, since 2003
- Mobile optimized online access over 4G and Wi-Fi.
- Synchronized offline support on Android is included where online access is not allowed.
- Record Change in the field as the change occurs in the fastest most accurate way possible.
- Mobility includes barcode and RFID scanning to locate any asset and make a change as simple as a scan of a barcode.
Dynamic Power and Environmental Management
- Sum power to breakers and UPS, create alerts when thresholds reached.
- Full long-term historical trending data for power and environmental data.
- Map physical changes to equipment, to power and environmental data changes.
- Automated actions are taken on detected events or thresholds.
- Scripting is used to start or stop external services, change data or generate alerts.
- Automation includes push or pull to external systems.
- Cormant-CS supports all types of power and data connectivity, including MPO.
- Automated channel and load management ensures compliance.
- Connection redundancy analysis shows where equipment might be at risk.
Facility Views & Rack Views
- View maps from the campus to a single room or data center hall.
- 2D and 3D rack and data center plans are automatically updated based on data in the system.
- Color coding shows user defined threshold and alert conditions.
Change Management Workflow Engine and Interface
- Cormant-CS includes a full Workflow management system for planning and executing change
- Workflow includes a blog engine and attachments to provide a fully collaborative (remote) work-space when planning change.
- Workflow supports connections to enterprise ticket systems for two way data exchange.
Network Query and Discovery
- Queried data remote devices and external is stored as required on devices and provides real-time and historical views.
- Discovery of equipment includes automatic linking options and updates.
- Queries support multi-protocol and scripted options, including external DLL plugs in for proprietary system access.
- Alerting is configurable to meet each locations requirements.
- Alerts support subscriptions for immediate or digest push.
- Alert dashboard widgets are designed for NOC walls and are visualized on plan and rack views
- Cormant-CS includes a full configurable audit module and displays actual vs. recorded data.
- Cormant-CS audit tools provide external auditors, government and regulatory bodies proof of compliance without affecting current data.
- All changes in Cormant-CS are logged in read-only database logs for audit reporting.
Configurable to Exactly Meet Requirements
- Cormant-CS supports a full, open point and click configuration, which is maintained over version upgrades.
- Nothing is locked and equipment can be configured with 5 or 500 data points.
- Data can be imported, entered, discovered or queried.
Bulk import, Export, Updates.
- Getting started with Cormant DCIM is fast, with simple, straightforward imports.
- Imports are supported to bulk update existing records.
- All data can be exported in multiple formats.
Integration, APIs, SNMP, ITIL Systems
- Cormant-CS includes open, documented SOAP and RESTful APIs.
- The Cormant scripting engine supports external integration for simple one- or two-way data exchange.
- For complex integration Cormant-EDIS integrates with Cormant-CS to support complex point and click two-way synchronization of CMDB and change data.
Reporting Engine for point in time and Historical Data
- A powerful, easy to use report writer is part of Cormant-CS.
- Many out-of-the-box reports are provided and these maybe used as the basis for custom reporting.
- Any data can be stored historically and then presented as a graphical result.
Capacity Optimization, Analytics & Custom Dashboard Widgets
- Custom dashboard widgets are created from user data, including point in time and historical data.
- Capacity views of the facility are user definable and are created from any data or script.
- Analytics show at risk equipment, and analysis is used as part of workflow to optimize equipment placement.
- Anything is searchable. From a serial number, to a multi-dimensional search criterion.
- Complex saved searches save time and can be shared.
- Search results are viewed as a spreadsheet in Cormant-CS for familiar multi-row editing of data.
- A built-in scripting engine ensures Cormant-CS functionality is not limited to what is delivered by Cormant.
- Scripts can add functionality, automate actions and capture additional data.
- Scripting manages the reality of complex, multi-site data centers where data from legacy and modern equipment needs to be consolidated.
Management of Equipment across owned, co-location and edge data centers
- Cormant-CS deliver a consolidated database, designed to work across multiple sites and is globally scalable.
- The intuitive user interface, multi-layered security and mobility ensure smart hands keep remote site records updated.
- A single global view, including spare equipment, ensures efficient visibility, planning and control.
- Cormant-CS presents visibility into cloud computing, including hosted virtual machines and cloud computing.
- Views of capacity over time, decommissioned virtual servers and loads help ensure the most cost-effective use of hybrid physical and cloud data centers.
- Workflow tracks the movement of load from on-premise to Cloud and back again.
Campus and Enterprise IM
- Cormant-CS has supported campuses and other enterprise infrastructure since 2003.
- Large offices, university and medical campuses and tel-co environments are all supported.
- Cormant includes specific support for campus environments, including conduit support and outlet and peripheral equipment management to any level.
- Full documentation of horizontal and vertical cable plant across multiple sites.
- Documentation of IP security and Access Control assets and connections
- Support for IoT and other campus deployed assets including Wireless AP, Digital Signage and smart lighting
Co-Location Vendor Support
- Cormant-CS enables power and phase load tracking, including per-tenant, multi-site KWh capture and reporting.
- Lease space data can be presented to show free, reserved, leased and expiring space.
- Co-location providers use Cormant-CS to offer value-add management services and portal views to a customer’s data.
Security Built in
- UI security support for role, function, location, equipment, and data point.
- Build on modern technology, fully supporting database encryption and TLS 1.2 communication.
- AD/LDAP SSO and OAuth authentication.
Services for Success
- Cormant has developed a Cormant-CS implementation methodology over the past 17 years to guarantee DCIM success.
- Cormant and partners offer a complete suite of services, including system configuration, data migration and site audits.
- Multiple training courses are available, from end-user training to advanced courses for customers who want to implement Cormant-CS entirely by themselves.
- Touchless Project & Training delivery using web conferencing and cloud-based collaboration tools.
Global In-House Support 24 hours a Day
- Cormant support is 100% in-house, employee provided support.
- Support is accessed via IM, phone, email and web.
- Support is managed to published SLA.
- Cormant-CS is simply licensed by the amount of infrastructure managed.
- No additional modules to purchase.
- No per-site, data point, site or any other type of licensing is required.
- Unlimited Users and devices to encourage collaboration