At Cormant, we recognize that data within the Cormant-CS DCIM solution is of most value when it can be exchanged with external systems. That’s why we offer the Cormant-EDIS (External Data Integration Service) platform. The Cormant-EDIS solution provides a plug-in framework for complex one or two-way interfaces. A key benefit of this framework is a lower cost of interface delivery, increasing the ROI of Cormant-CS DCIM
- DCIM data is the missing element within an ITSM framework. ITSM usually relies on discovered or manually updated data, increasing the business risk of incorrect decision making. Cormant-EDIS delivers a solution for low-cost, configurable integration.
- Save time and money by capturing data once and synchronizing data between systems.
- Cormant-EDIS supports ITIL initiatives and lowers the cost of delivering ITIL processes within an organization.
- Two-way integration supports Asset/CI elements that are created in a CMDB or Cormant-CS
- Cormant-EDIS is configurable to synchronize standard or custom data elements in both directions
- By Exchanging only necessary data, Cormant-CS supports a federated CMDB model rather than exchanging all data.
- Exchanges can be time or business rule based.
- Physical move, adds and changes of equipment, assets and connectivity are usually required as part of larger enterprise change initiatives managed in an enterprise service management system. Cormant-EDIS triggers Cormant-CS Workflow creation based on user defined rules.
- Cormant-CS orders are broken into tasks and status updates are pushed back to the service management solution as the task progresses.
- Upon Ticket completion the ITSM system can be updated with change details and CI records updated as required.
The Cormant-EDIS (External Data Integration Services) is available as an extension to the Cormant-CS DCIM solution and provides a plug-in framework for complex one or two-way interfaces. A key benefit of this framework is a lower cost of interface delivery, increasing the ROI of Cormant-CS DCIM.
The benefits of a plug-in framework are faster deployment of new interfaces, a common management platform for monitoring and fewer systems to manage.
For a PDF version of Cormant-CS ITSM Integration
For a PDF version of Cormant-CS Interfaces + API