“Record your entire physical infrastructure with visual dashboards & historical trends.”
Managing connectivity is a vital part of infrastructure management and DCIM. A single connection mistake can cause massive outages or a security breach. Poor records mean time is spent on connection checking before a change is planned.
Cormant-CS records all connections and provides capacity analysis, incorrect connection warning, redundancy analysis and capacity recovery with incomplete connection data.
Connectivity management is supported in Campus environments with full conduit support.
- All data connectivity can be recorded including copper, fiber, SAN and management networks. All connection types are supported, including high-density MPO fiber connectivity.
- Unlimited connection hops are supported which is useful for campus environments. Warnings are provided – to relevant standards – if excessive or incorrect connections are attempted.
- Port types, including physical and logical characteristics drive workflow planning for adding devices with suggested, ranked locations based on device needs.
- Full circuit analysis is possible including actual and historical port, rack and panel loads based on connections recoded and plate and actual power data.
- Socket types are recorded to ensure the right rack is selected.
- Redundancy analysis is available from a UPS to all devices showing those without redundant power.
- Power connectivity is planned along side data connectivity in workflow.
- All connectivity records, including original test data can be imported to quickly build the connectivity data.
- Changes to connectivity are fully supported on both offline and online mobile devices capturing change as it is made, not by trying to decipher hand written notes.
- Optional use of cable barcodes allows for highly accurate and rapid auditing and supports inventory management efforts and reduces risk of incorrect change.
- Campus E-911 compliance is assisted by Cormant-CS data.
- With connection data recorded, lights out operation and remote power cycle of devices is achievable.
- Cormant-CS supplies hundreds of connection templates for all cable and port/socket/connector types.
Click HERE for a printable version of this document.