What personal data do we collect?
If you use one of the contact forms on our web site or email us or consent to provide information to us via a third party – for instance an exhibition or trade show – we collect and store your:
- Email address
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Telephone number(s)
- Any supplied work address details, including Country
- Date of any communications to you and the email’s sent and received from you.
If you have visited our web site, we will store a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer uniquely. We also use Google analytics and this also stores a cookie on your computer. Neither of these cookies, not any other part of our web site or other system attempts to use these cookies to tie them to other personally identifiable information about you and are only used to track pages visited on our web site.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it.
How we use personal data?
The personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- If you or your company are a customer of Cormant and use, or have used, our products or services we use the information we hold about you for the purposes of serving you. This may include assisting you with problems reported or informing you of new or improved products of services.
- If you have a login to our web site we use your email address and a password known only to you to access secure areas of the web site. We strongly recommend the password you use for our web site is unique to this site.
- We may survey you to solicit information to improve our product and services. Any survey will explicitly state if the survey is anonymous at the start and you will be able to choose not to participate in the survey.
- If you have provided us personal data, either directly or indirectly with your consent, and are not a customer we may use your information to market our products and services to you via email. All marketing emails include a method of unsubscribing that can be used to be removed from our marketing lists, but this does not remove your data from our systems. (see “Removing my personal information” below).
Disclosure of Information
If you have contacted Cormant to request information about our products or services we may share your information with our sales and service partners to allow us jointly to provides you the answers to your request and follow up with you on your request.
If you, or your company, is a customer of Cormant we may share your information with our sales and service partners to allow us jointly to provide you, or your company, the services purchased, including follow on problem support and new product information.
In no other case, unless obliged to do so by law, will Cormant sell, rent, lease or otherwise share your Data with third parties, unless you have provided your specific, positive and unambiguous consent.
Unless you have previously opted out of receiving such communications (see ‘Opting out’), your Data will be used by Cormant for marketing and advertising
Marketing and advertising communications may be made by post or email.
You may opt out of any promotional communication by using the unsubscribe method in the promotional communication. At any time you may also email email@example.com to be removed from all promotional communication.
Removing Your Personal Information
If you wish to review or have removed any personal information Cormant holds on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will either be removed or a copy of the data we hold on your will be returned to the email address you emailed us from. You may also write to Cormant at 669 Pacific St, Suite D, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-3997, USA.
Cormant has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of data under our control and put great importance on the security of all data associated with our customers and other contacts. Unfortunately, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot warrant the absolute security of any data you transmit to us