Office Bookkeeper: With continued Company growth we have an immediate need for a bookkeeper who will be responsible for the entire month end process and cash flow management. Reporting to the group CFO (also based in San Luis Obispo) you will be responsible for the entire month end process and cash flow management. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, welcomes challenges, can confidently and timely execute many tasks with skill, precision, accuracy, and professionalism. The opening is more than a job; it’s joining a great team of progressive thinkers. This position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization, as well as growth potential for the right candidate.
The job requires what you would expect of a bookkeeping position, but we consider the following responsibilities and requirements especially important:
- Maintain company General Ledger,
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable and maintain all records
- Timely production of month end finance statements which includes reconciling and balancing accounts
- Enforce accounting controls
- Maintain budgets and chart of accounts
- Manage employee payroll services
- Prepare sales tax reports
- Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices
- Assist auditors with annual and periodical auditing procedures
- A relevant degree and 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to perform advanced accounting calculations
- Outstanding work ethics with excellent organizational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with high level of interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Xero accounting system a plus
- We have a very open company culture where initiative is rewarded.
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible schedules (varies by position)
- Beer Fridge Fridays and nearly unlimited soda and Peet’s coffee
- Casual and fun office environment with friendly coworkers
This is a full-time position.
Please e-mail your application letter and resume to email@example.com. We want to fill this position immediately.